Tentang Ku...

Dear Guest,

Welcome to apriliahoney.blogspot.com

Blog ku ini berisi tentang apa yang pernah dan sedang aku rasakan, lihat, dan dengar. Aku tidak menganut paham tertentu dalam membuat tulisan-tulisannya. Semua aku biarkan mengalir begitu saja. Karena disitulah aku menemukan kemerdekaan..kemerdekaanku dalam mengungkapkan semua perasaanku, hasratku, citaku, dan cintaku.

Selamat membaca...semoga apa yang aku tulis didalamnya dapat memberikan kesan dan menginspirasi anda.

Wish you have a wonderfull day...Thanks for coming !

Regards,

Aprilia

Kamis, 10 September 2009

Playing...Winning...

playing beats winning.

That is to say, playing is more important than winning.

I think that most people know this at least subconsciously and behave accordingly.

The essence of playing, I believe, is winning from yourself, improving your previous efforts, applying new tactics or strategy and feeling more accomplished than the last time you played.

Sometimes this personal improvement can be measured directly by beating some opponent, but never comes the satisfaction from the mere act of winning, at least normally it should not.

How meaningful is a win if the opponent never really was a match to begin with or if it was accomplished by ‘bending the rules’?

The few rare people that actually enjoy winning, just for winning-sake are no fun to play with. Luckily this group of people is actually very small and I’m not sure I really know people who are like that.

I thus conclude, that to get real satisfaction from playing the risk of losing once in a while is an integral part of the equation.

So it turns out that playing is not only about winning, but also about losing.


Jakarta, 11 September 2009
[aprilia]

Tidak ada komentar: